Virtual and On Site Programming for Parents with Infants: What, Why, and How? (1.5 hours)
Virtual and in-person library programs for parents and infants are most meaningful when a broad range of factors are taken into consideration, including:
- When, how, and why did library programs for babies begin?
- What are the physical and emotional needs of new parents and babies in the context of these programs?
- How can library programs (virtual and on-site) help parents as their child’s first teacher?
- What types of materials work well in baby programs, and how can they be adapted for an at-home audience?
- What are some age-appropriate, early literacy building activities that children’s librarians have used successfully online?
- Where can helpful resources for online baby program planning be found?
Webinar attendees will be expected to participate in all of the activities; bring a stuffed animal or doll to use occasionally as your baby.