MGOL Goslings – Publications & Posters
- Diamant-Cohen, Betsy, Susan Sonnenschein, Dawn Sacks, Summer Rosswog, and Brenda Hussey-Gardner. “Mother Goose in the NICU: Support for the Neediest Infants and Their Families.” Children and Libraries 16, no. 1 (2018): 3-7.
- Shanty, Lisa, Rebecca Dowling, Susan Sonnenschein, and Brenda Hussey-Gardner. “Evaluation of an Early Language and Literacy Program for Parents of Infants in the NICU.” Neonatal Network 38, no. 4 (2019): 206-216.
- Hussey-Gardner, Brenda, and Susan Sonnenschein. “Reading and Singing to Preemies Helps Parents Feel Comfortable with Their Fragile Babies.” The Conversation.
- Hussey-Gardner, Brenda, Susan Sonnenschein, Lisa Shanty, Rebecca Dowling, Dawn Sacks and Betsy Diamant-Cohen. “Goslings: An Early Language & Literacy Program for Families with Infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.” Pediatrics, May 2018.
- Sonnenschein, S., Dowling, R., Shanty, L., and Hussey-Gardner, B. (2018, January), Evaluation of year 2 of the Mother Goose on the Loose Goslings program. Sponsored by PNC. https://magazine.umbc.edu/measuring-the-early-moments/
- Shanty, L., Dowling, R. Sonnenschein, S., Hussey-Gardner, B., Rosswog, S. & Diamant-Cohen, B. (2018, November). Promoting early language development and parent engagement in the NICU. Poster presented at NAEYC, Washington, DC.
- Dowling, R., Shanty, L., Sonnenschein, S., & Hussey-Gardner, B. (2018, June. Promoting language development and early literacy in the NICU. Paper presented in symposium, S. Sonnenschein (Chair). Promoting effective parent engagement in children’s learning and social-emotional outcomes. Symposium presented at National Research Conference on Early Childhood, Arlington, VA.
- Diamant-Cohen, B., Rosswog, S. Hussey-Gardner, B., Sonnenschein, S., Dowling, R., & Shanty, L. (2017, November). Early literacy programming for families with babies in the NICU. Poster presented at NAEYC, Atlanta, GA.
- Hussey-Gardner, B., Sonnenschein S., Shanty, L. Dowling, R., Sacks., & Diamant-Cohen B. (2017, September). Goslings: An early language & literacy program for families with infants in the neonatal intensive care unit. Poster presented at the American Academy of Pediatrics Conference, Chicago, IL.