Do you have a special storytime population? Variations of the traditional early literacy training includes the following workshops:
Mama Gansa si la alcanza! / Mother Goose on the Loose en Español®
Learn how to incorporate the structure, formula, and principles of Mother Goose on the Loose into a Spanish language program while helping to build community, even if you are not a fluent Spanish speaker. Includes translated English-language classics and traditional Spanish rhymes, explores issues of cultural and linguistic sensitivity, and presents examples of ways to partner with a Spanish-speaking community member to plan and present quality program together.
Savta Goose on the Loose / Mother Goose on the Loose in Hebrew®
Experience a version of Mother Goose on the Loose in Hebrew and learn how to present it to your community.
Inclusive Mother Goose on the Loose®
Explore different ways to adapt the Mother Goose on the Loose program for children with disabilities.
We can also adapt the workshop to fit your needs.
Mother Goose on the Loose training options include:
- An all-day workshop with information about baby brain development and school readiness, as well as a hands-on Mother Goose on the Loose session. By the end of this workshop, participants should feel comfortable planning and running programs of their own.
- A two hour workshop or half-day MGOL workshop presented by Dr. Betsy Diamant-Cohen.
- Training for non-Spanish speakers who want to present MGOL in Spanish for their library families
- Training for preschool or Sunday School teachers who want to incorporate Hebrew language rhymes and songs into their circle times.
- An additional section focusing on how MGOL can be adapted to accommodate children of differing abilities.