Mother Goose will be on the Loose in Las Vegas for the American Library Association.
Mother Goose on the Loose will be at table 1782 in the exhibit hall of thes:
|Friday, June 27||5:30pm – 7:00pm*|
|Saturday, June 28||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Sunday, June 29||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Monday, June 30||9:00am – 2:00pm|
Come to a book signing with wonderful authors who write about topics of interest to children’s librarians:
A bevy of special events are scheduled for the ALA Store, so mark your calendars now! Meet high-profile authors and pick up an autographed READ poster:
Friday, June 27
- 4:30 p.m.: Betsy Diamant-Cohen, Linda Ernst, Kathy Fling Klatt, Saroj Nadkarni Ghoting, Dawn Roginski: book signing (early literacy experts and authors)
Saturday, June 28
- 10 a.m.: Nick Bruel: poster signing (author and illustrator of “Bad Kitty”)
- 1 p.m.: Tom Angleberger: poster signing (author of the “Origami Yoda” series)
- 2 p.m.: Hilda K. Weisburg: book signing (author of “School Librarian’s Career Planner”)
Sunday, June 29
- 2:00 p.m.: Suzanne Bloom: poster signing (author and Illustrator of the Goose and Bear stories)
- 3:30 p.m.: Eileen G. Harrington (author, “Exploring Environmental Science with Children and Teens”) and Kathy Isaacs (author, “Bugs, Bogs, Bats, and Books: Sharing Nature with Children through Reading”): book signing
In addition, Betsy will be talking about the FREE Mother Goose on the Loose app on Saturday, June 28, from 1-2:30 as part of a session called:
ECRR 2.0: Using Apps and eBooks in Early Literacy Programs
Las Vegas Convention Center, Room S230
Speaker: Carisa Kluver, Founder, Digital-Storytime.com; Editor, DigitalMediaDiet.com
Speaker: Cen Campbell, Founder, LittleeLit.com
Speaker: Chip Donohue, Dean of Distance Learning & Continuing Education; Director of TEC Center, Erikson Institute
Speaker: Claire Moore, Head of Children’s Services, Darien Library
Speaker: Naomi Smith, Youth Services Librarian, Pierce County Library
Interactions between grownups and young children using technology can enhance the child’s learning experience, just as using printed storybooks can. This panel will discuss digital technology for young children in the context of the ECRR Five Practices. Come join the discussion.
Hope to see you at ALA!
And, if you would like free tickets to the exhibits, just send me an email within the next two days via the contact info on the MGOL Website.