Mother Goose on the Loose: Using Songs and Rhymes in Playful Ways to Build Early Literacy and Self-Regulation Skills
(6 hours – MSDE Course ID# MG-12272018-01)
In this workshop, you can explore scientific findings regarding child development, experience a hands-on Mother Goose on the Loose® session, and learn how to easily plan and present family engagement programs for infants and toddlers.
- UNDERSTAND the research on childhood development
- MASTER the structure, formula, and principles of Mother Goose on the Loose®
- LEARN to create fun, high-quality early literacy programs
- ACQUIRE techniques for engaging infants and toddlers
- DISCOVER new ways to educate and involve parents and caregivers
- INTERACT with colleagues to share knowledge and ideas
Date: Friday, September 30
Time: 9 am – 4 pm ( 1 hour break for lunch )
Place: Port Discovery Children’s Museum,
35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Price: $300 per person
Instructor: Dr. Betsy Diamant-Cohen, creator of Mother Goose on the Loose® and recipient of the 2022 Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) Distinguished Service Award, is and inspiring and charismatic educator. Author of several books and articles, she draws upon her experiences working in public libraries, children’s museums, a home daycare, and preschools in the US and abroad. Join in the fun while learning practical activities that implement research findings to promote children’s readiness skills.
Dr. Betsy Diamant-Cohen is a certified Early Childhood Education trainer via Mother Goose on the Loose, LLC by the Maryland State Department of Education.
For information & registration, contact